Reached by a private funicular railway through the mountain, and located in the exclusive Petit Village area of Zermatt with outstanding views of the Matterhorn, Chalet St Maurice is one of the rare free-standing properties available to rent. The Sunnegga lift is only three minutes away and the centre of town a further two minutes by electric taxi.
This property, designed by renowned architect Magali de Tscharner, was built in December 2008, and is filled with sumptuous fabrics and rich wood in palates of charcoal grey, cream and white, all combining to form a luxurious and chic alpine retreat. The open plan living area and dining room create a feeling of comfort and light. Large south-facing balconies on each floor, offer the perfect spot to sunbathe and soak up the breathtaking views.
The chalet sleeps 12 guests in 6 large en-suite bedrooms spread over three floors. Four of the bedrooms have direct Matterhorn views and the master suite is spread over the entire top floor, featuring an open fire, a double height pitched ceiling and floor to ceiling windows.
- The chalet sleeps twelve adults and up to two children
- Six double/twin bedrooms all en suite
- Staff, including house manager, assistant manager, chef and house-keeper, are trained to world-class standards
- Cinema room with selection of DVD’s, SKY and games
- Luxury bed linens, duck-down duvets and toppers, towel bathrobes, slippers
- Jardin des Alpes natural herbal bathroom products
- Sauna, massage room and Yoga/Pilates area
- Ski and boot room with heated boot warmers
- Outdoor Jacuzzi with Matterhorn view
- Internal elevator